No, a very common misconception is that you should use bleach on poison ivy rash. Using bleach for poison ivy may seem to be a quick fix to removing the rash-causing oil, but you could be doing more damage to your body. When you apply bleach directly to the skin, it removes the top layer causing irritation. Bleach may also weaken your skin so that your rash may become worse, lead to increased skin sensitivity and possibly an infection.
Instead of harsh chemicals, use a cleanser designed to remove the rash-causing oil of poison ivy, oak and sumac such as Tecnu Original Outdoor Skin Cleanser or Tecnu Extreme Poison Ivy Scrub. Follow up with an anti-itch treatment.
Free 2nd-day Air on any order over $50!
Save 25% with coupon code TECNU25